Accomodation and restaurant
Venabu Fjellhotell is a family owned hotel which is known for its homely and warm atmosphere. Venabu is the perfect base for adventure in the mountains, summer and winter.
The chefs uses good quality products, preferably from local producers, to give you a good taste experience. Every Wednesday we serve our specialty, ”Norsk Matbord”, which consists of Norwegian traditional food based on local recipes.
The dining room has a panoramic view of Rondane and Muen. Apart from the regular meals, we have a-la-carte with sour cream waffles, rømmegrøt, meat of moose, salads, pizza and sandwiches.
We have rooms of different standards; double, single and family rooms. Six of the rooms are designed for wheelchair users. Free WiFi available in all rooms. Free coffee and tea for accommodation guests. Venabu also has high standard log cabins for 2-10 people.
Venabu Fjellhotell is located 932 meters above sea level along route 27, the mountain pass between Gudbrandsdalen and Østerdalen, just south of Rondane National Park.
The natural scenery around Venabu is gentle, but nonetheless exciting. The hotel is located on a mountain plateau features waterfalls, rivers, canyons and picturesque mountain lakes. This terrain is perfect both summer and winter, with many well marked hiking and skiing trails.
EXPERIENCES AT VENABU
• Horseback riding trips for children with guides who lead the horse, one-, two- or three hours trips including campfire or lunch at a summer farm. Horseback riding vacations and weekends.
• Mountain hikes off the beaten track with local guide from June to September
• Swimming in a mountain lake right next to the hotel
• Photography courses and workshops
• Ski hire and guided ski treks
• Yoga and massage
• Peer Gynt Experiences
• Canoe and bike rental
• Skirental and guided skiing
• Dog sledding
• Our guests can use our lavvo both summer and winter.
Please contact us for further information, or just drop by. Welcome!
© Photo: Venabu Fjellhotell