Accomodation and restaurant
Venabu is located 932 meters above sea level by county road 27, ”Rondanevegen” on the mountain pass between Gudbrandsdalen and Østerdalen, just south of Rondane National Park.
Venabu is a family-run mountain hotel since 1950 with regular employees and the hotel is known for its homely atmosphere. Beside the double and single rooms, there are family rooms and 6 rooms that are accessible for wheelchairs. There is WiFi in all the rooms. You can stay at the hotel or at one of our high standard log cabins with space for 2 to 10 people.
Venabu has panoramic dining towards Rondane and Muen. Our chefs are cooking from scratch and offers delicious fish, meat and vegetarian dishes for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Every Wednesday we serve our specialty, ”Norwegian Specialities buffet” a variety of traditional Norwegian food made from local recipes. Whether you are on a transit through the mountains, we offer also our freshly sour cream waffles or homemade porridge made with sour cream, or anything else from the à la carte menu. We also supply food for all occasions.
Venabu Mountain Hotel is the perfect starting point for adventures on the mountain, both summer and winter. Please contact us for more information or just drop by!
The natural scenery around Venabu is gentle, but nonetheless exciting. The hotel is located on a mountain plateau features waterfalls, rivers, canyons and picturesque mountain lakes. This terrain is perfect both summer and winter, with many well marked hiking and skiing trails.
EXPERIENCES AT VENABU
• Horseback riding trips for children with guides who lead the horse, one-, two- or three hours trips including campfire or lunch at a summer farm. Horseback riding vacations and weekends.
• Mountain hikes off the beaten track with local guide from June to September
• Swimming in a mountain lake right next to the hotel
• Photography courses and workshops
• Ski hire and guided ski treks
• Yoga and massage
• Peer Gynt Experiences
• Canoe and bike rental
• Skirental and guided skiing
• Dog sledding
• Our guests can use our lavvo both summer and winther.
Please contact us for further information, or just drop by. Welcome!
© Photo: Venabu Fjellhotell