Venabu Fjellhotell is well known for its warm, friendly atmosphere and delicious food. The perfect mountain base, year-round, on the edge of Rondane National Park.
The natural scenery around Venabu is gentle, wild and beautiful. The hotel is located on the Venabygdsfjellet mountain plateau, which features waterfalls, rivers, canyons and picturesque mountain lakes. The plateau is surrounded by accessible, panoramic peaks with superb views of the Rondane massif. This stunning area offers many opportunities for exploration both summer and winter, with many well marked hiking and skiing trails.
Located at 932m asl, Venabu is on route 27, the beautiful mountain plateau of Venabygdsfjellet, between Gudbrandsdalen and Østerdalen.
Venabu Fjellhotell offers 56 comfortable rooms with double, single and family rooms available. Six of our rooms are wheelchair-accessible.
Enjoy our friendly, attentive service and spacious lounge with cosy fireplace where tea and coffee are always available to guests, free of charge. There is free wifi throughout the hotel, tv rooms, games rooms, yoga studio and gym. In sunny weather you can enjoy our garden or terrace. Become one of our many guests who return year after year.
Dogs are allowed in some rooms.
Venabu has eight high quality cabins close to the hotel, sleeping from 2-14 people. These can be taken as self-catered accommodation or combined with meals at the hotel.
Food and drink
Good food is important to us. In our panoramic restaurant we serve generous portions of home-made, traditional Norwegian food. Our chefs are encouraged to express their creativity and use locally sourced ingredients such as lamb, moose, wild mushrooms and mountain berries plus the delicious Gudbrandsdal strawberries, in season. We serve vegetarian dishes daily and special diets can be catered for (please book ahead). Non-residents are welcome. A la carte meals may be taken in the lounge or garden and we serve coffee, cakes and waffles from mid-morning.
Each Wednesday we serve a special ‘Taste of Norwegian Tradition’ menu. In the autumn there are Viltaften weekends and Julebord leading up to Christmas. We also host family celebrations and small conferences throughout the year.
- Horseback riding tours, weekends and holidays suitable for everyone from beginners to experienced riders and children. Weekly tour to our summer farm where we enjoy a campfire or lunch at a summer farm.
- Family activity holidays
- Marked hiking trails to beautiful places.
- Walking and hiking holidays – themed holidays and tours: walking and local culture, explore wild reindeer country, walk amongst the best autumn colours, even experience mindfulness in wild nature.
- Yoga and mindfulness weekends and holidays.
- Photography courses and workshops, year-round.
- There are also many ways to explore the area on your own: hire a bike, rent a canoe or SUP, swim in the lake with its beach, just next to the hotel.
- Many fishing opportunities.
- Special Peer Gynt package: accommodation and the best tickets, accompanied visit to performances with our Ibsen expert.
- Cross country ski tours with our expert guides throughout the winter. We take you on the best tours for the conditions on the day.
- Cross country ski lessons and courses
- Spring offtrack ski safaris
- Photography courses and workshops
- Snowshoe tours
- Horsedrawn sleigh rides
- Ski rental and servicing
- Sports and relaxation massage
- Yoga classes
- Fully licenced Bar
- Yoga studio
- Television rooms
- Fully equipped gym
- Dedicated massage room
- Sunny terrace with warm blankets for enjoying the afternoon sun
- Drying room
- Skistall and shop for expert advice and ski servicing
- Games room with pool and table football
- Table tennis
- Conference room
- Small shop stocking carefully chosen gifts to help you remember your stay
Please contact us for further information, or just drop by. Welcome!
Concerning the Coronavirus
Venabu Fjellhotell has cabins for rent all year (open now) and the hotel is open as normal from the start of June. The number of guests in the dining area will be limited and seating separated. Double rooms are only for people in the same household. Cleaning will be more often on contact surfaces and thoroughly between guests. No depositum this summer.
© Photo: Venabu Fjellhotell, Olav Storm stormphoto.no, @Dreaminvan