Rondanevegen’s travel guide will help you to plan where you can stay and what to experience during your journey along the Rondanevegen and the surrounding areas. In addition, our summer newspaper showcases what’s on during the summer months. Download the travel guide or summer newspaper for 2015/2016 by clicking on the links or photos.
Whether you are arriving from the north or south, you have two gateways to choose between:
From the south:
- Gateway Ringebu: When you have driven on the E6 highway from Oslo, you can start the Rondanevegen from Ringebu. From there you can drive over the mountains, Venabygdsfjellet, and northwards, from where you can choose to drive towards Hjerkinn in the west and Alvdal in the east.
- Gateway Atna: If you have driven on route no. 3 from Elverum, you can start from Atna and drive north-westwards. Again, you can choose whether to drive towards Hjerkinn or Alvdal.
From the north:
- Gateway Hjerkinn: If you are starting from Dovrefjell and west, Hjerkinn is an excellent gateway for your journey along the Rondanevegen. From the mountain plateau on Dovrefjell, the route leads to Folldal. On the right-hand side, you will see the contours of the Rondane mountains after only a few kilometres.
- Gateway Alvdal: If you are coming from the north-east and Røros or perhaps from Sweden, you will start from Alvdal. While you are driving, you will see the start of the Rondane Mountains on the east, and from Folldal you will drive through the distinctive landscape for which the Rondane Mountains are renowned.
- Oslo – Folldal, 320 km
- Trondheim – Folldal, 200 km
- Ålesund – Folldal, 280 km
- Røros – Folldal, 120 km
- Folldal – Ringebu, 85 km
- Folldal – Hjerkinn, 29 km
- Folldal – Alvdal, 43 km
- Folldal – Atna, 80 km
For timetables, please call +47 815 00 888 / +47 61 05 19 10 or visit Nsb.no.